What is Swing?
Swing is Highland Catholic’s biggest fundraiser supporting academic, operational and financial programs that promote our school. Thank you for being a part of this success!
Save the date for Swing 2020 on April 25th, 2020!
This school year represents the 22nd annual event on April 25th, 2020. The Swing event includes the Family Fun Event and evening Gala. These events combine the gifts of parent volunteers, the passion of our students, and the financial contributions of our strong community into a fun day of events. The fundraiser features hundreds of online and silent auction items, group events for parents and families to enjoy and a live auction with wonderful items and experiences.
2020 Event chairs: Jeff and Michelle Kennefick email@example.com
3 Ways to Donate
Become a Sponsor:
Donate an item:
Volunteer to Serve
Sign-up to serve. From helping marketing and cultivation to event decorations and clean-up, we can always use more help. Please Email Swing@highlandcatholic.org if you can help.
Key Roles Needed:
- Swing 2020 co-chair(s) (1-3 individuals): This is an important role who helps the chair(s) ensure that the planning and execution of the fundraiser is a success. Typically, the co-chair(s) chair the upcoming year, so it is also an opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the event prior to chairing it. It can be an individual or a small group.
- Family Fun Event coordinator(s) (2-4 individuals): Creates a plan for the family fun event; determines if it is open to community; determines ways to incorporate the theme and get families engaged in Swing weekend. With the theme this year there are a lot of ways to make this event fun for kids and families this year! Work with Men’s Club regarding pancake breakfast.
- Photographer (1-2 individuals): Take pictures of students/classrooms during Catholic School’s Week, Family Fun Event, and main event.
- High school sponsorships (1-2 individuals): Work with high schools (specifically those where Hi-C students typically go) to obtain sponsorships and donated items (e.g., spirit wear, sporting event opportunities, etc).
- Flag sponsorships (1-2 individuals): Get creative and determine how donors can “create” a flag to showcase during the remainder of the school year and at the Swing event. Coordinate receiving the money for the flag, getting the flag decorated for the donor and displaying the flag.
- Business donations (1-2 individuals): Jackie Guy is leading the effort and has 3 volunteers but could use 1-2 more. Volunteers work with local businesses to request and obtain donated auction items and services.
- Request donations via business online forms – no calling needed! (1-2 individuals): Request donations from a list of businesses and ensure they are collected. This can done in your pajamas from home!
- Family donations (1-2 individuals): Katie Cooney is leading the effort but could use 1-2 more individuals to help requesting family donations and tracking them.
- Raffle coordinator (1-2 individuals): Volunteer(s) plans school raffles and raffles at event including marketing and sales. Responsible for getting gambling license.
- Live auction/event coordinator(s) (1-2 individuals): Works with donation volunteers to understand live auction items, coordinate any physical items that need to be onsite for live auction, manages flow of live auction and surrounding program. Works with chairs to secure auctioneer.
Gala event registration: TBD
Silent auction wish list and inquiries: TBD
Grade parties registration: TBD
2019-2020 Sponsors: TBD