Extended Care (Extra Innings) Rates for 2022-2023
Definition of an Active Parishioner – A letter from Fr. Paul
Highland Catholic School’s budget planning is a process that coincides with the parish’s budgetary process. The budget preparation process shall include direction from the school principal, along with the pastor/canonical administrator and other appropriate persons involved in the educational program. Budget planning considers annual goals and objectives as well as the long range plan. Part of the budget planning requires all families to annually complete a Tuition Status Form which is verified by the Lumen Christi Catholic Community office.
There are 2 payment options. They are as follows:
Option 1 (Monthly): Tuition and fees are paid in either 10 or 12 equal installments, by debit to your bank account on the 17th day of the month (or the next business day following the 17th) in JULY and SEPTEMBER through MARCH. To select this option, you may complete this form.
Option 2 (Annually): Tuition is paid in one installment due on or before the end of June preceding the school year. Checks are payable to Highland Catholic School, Inc.
Highland Catholic School strives to be a good steward to best serve the educational needs of our community’s children. The following points serve to facilitate this goal:
- Parents enter into a contractual tuition agreement. Yearly, semi-annual, and 8 monthly payment plans are offered.
- Payments are due by the 15th of the month and all accounts are to be paid in full by March 15th of the current school year.
- Email statements, credit card payment, and automatic deduction are available to facilitate payment.
- Parishioners based on the Active Parishioner Definition, are eligible for in-parish tuition status.
- Additional fees such as milk, athletics, and other curricular activities will be assessed in addition to tuition.
- Failure to pay tuition within the given schedule may result in certain sanctions, including but not limited to, withholding report cards and denial of registration for the upcoming year.
- Parents experiencing difficulty meeting the demands of their tuition payments, are encouraged to meet with the principal to establish a Special Arrangement Plan.
- Highland Catholic School makes every effort to keep tuition affordable for our families. Our mission is clear: This is a parochial school, not a private school.
In order to receive the Lumen Christi Active Parishioner discount to our Highland Catholic School tuition, please confirm the following requirements:
We are active in the ministries of Lumen Christi Catholic Community and are contributing at least $500 annually (January 1st – December 31st) to the parish’s general operating fund.
If you would like to claim the tuition discount at the discretion of the Pastor and/or the Principal submit a written request to:
Fr. Paul Feela
2055 Bohland Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55116
Mrs. Jane Schmidt
2017 Bohland Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55116
NOTE: Preschool is on a monthly billing and does not have a parishioner requirement
Families applying for tuition assistance must complete an application form and provide the required financial documentation. All tuition assistance will be considered in strict confidence. Tuition assistance will be granted to qualified families on the basis of need, through the use of an outside private school need analysis service. The Archdiocesan Aim Higher Foundation also provides educational grants for families in need.
Click here to download a copy of the application help sheet
Click here to be directed to the online application for tuition assistance
$1,000 Scholarships to Help Pay for Tuition
The Aim Higher Foundation provides additional scholarships to children whose families are looking for tuition assistance to send their child to a Catholic school in the great Twin Cities metro area. Children attending grades K through 8th grade are eligible to receive $1,000 each. There is no limit to the number of children who receive a scholarship per family.
Once awarded, the Aim Higher Scholarship follows students through 8th grade and to other Catholic schools. In other words, if your child receives a scholarship in kindergarten, he or she will continue to receive $1,000 each year through 8th grade—a possible total of $9,000 in nine years.
The Aim Higher Scholarship Applications for the 2021-22 school year are now open.
- Applications will be accepted between November 1, 2021 through February 22, 2022.
- A second application period is available between June 1, 2022 through August 6, 2022.**Please note: the amount of funding available for the summer cycle is much smaller than the first period. So please try to complete your application by February 22.
Learn more about the Aim Higher Foundation on their website.
How to apply:
When you complete your TADS Financial Aid Application for Highland Catholic School, you’re half way to apply to the Aim Higher Foundation Scholarship! Aim Higher uses the same application as our school so you only need to complete one application for both our school and Aim Higher.
Near the end of your application, when you see the Aim Higher Foundation information, simply enter your child’s name and complete the additional questions requested.
Begin you application at TADS.com now.
Special Tax Information:
If you choose to apply for the Aim Higher Scholarship and you do not have your 2021 end of year tax documentation ready by the February 22nd deadline, the Aim Higher Foundation will accept your 2020 information.