It’s time for PE With Hi-C!
Highland Catholic School is coming together as a community for #GiveHiC Day 2022, encouraging families and supporters to join us as we focus on funding new and effective equipment to support the physical health of all our students.
Research conclusively shows how physical activity positively impacts student well-being and academic success.
- Kids do better in school: A physically active school helps support improved classroom behavior, physical fitness, and academic performance.
- Encourages healthy and active lifestyles: The skills, knowledge, and behaviors learned in PE help kids to establish and maintain active lifestyles well into adulthood.
- Greater self-awareness & self-management: PE provides opportunities for students to identify and manage their emotions through movement.
- Social awareness and relationship skills: PE offers ample opportunities for team and partner work, teaching students how to be respectful team members inside and outside of the classroom.
- Not just recess: PE provides standards-based learning opportunities, age- and developmentally appropriate instruction, meaningful content and ongoing assessment.
A good quality PE program benefits from advances in equipment and evolves with the new interests of students.
We have a great program here at Highland Catholic School, but even the enthusiasm of our well-known PE teacher, Mr. Peterson, cannot erase the fact that our equipment is old, beat-up and in need of some creative upgrades. This year’s theme, PE With HiC, aims to raise funds to purchase necessities, such as gym mats that have not been replaced in many years, new games and equipment to capture the varying interests and fitness levels of all students, as well as value-add items to support an enhanced PE program.
So, let’s get moving and come together to reach our 2022 giving goal of $20,000 by November 17th.
Fundraising efforts are being combined with several inspirational activities at school, including a library takeover, morning PE fun facts with Principal Schmidt and a very special educational PE Enthusiast program which includes family volunteers taking over PE class to share their favorite ways to get moving and offer a personal view of the role physical education has played in their life.
With your help we WILL reach and EXCEED our fundraising goal. Empowering us to INVEST in a quality PE program that helps improve the motivation and fitness levels of all students.
Support us today by clicking the link below to make or schedule your gift now. You can also now Venmo your donation to @hicschool.
Thank you to our “PE Enthusiasts”!
PE Enthusiasts are taking over the gym to host a series of special PE classes between November 14th – 22nd. The role of a PE Enthusiast is to inspire students with their favorite ways to get moving and offer a personal view of the role physical education has played in their life.
Out of Uniform Day on November 17th
Students are encouraged to celebrate #GiveHiC Day by coming to school dressed in a PE inspired outfit…
- In their best workout outfit (e.g., yoga outfit, track clothes, sports uniform)
- As their favorite fitness hero
- A favorite thing from the gym (e.g., tennis court, basketball hoop)
Questions? Please call the office at 651-690-2477.